RE: [council] potential annex to Jeff's draft letter

  • To: "rickert@xxxxxxxxxxx" <rickert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] potential annex to Jeff's draft letter
  • From: "Winterfeldt, Brian" <bwinterfeldt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 10:01:13 -0700
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Cc: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Thomas:

Thank you for your email.

The IPC was firm in its position on the IOC/RCRC DT that a PDP was not
necessary.

It is my understanding that the same IPC position was carried forward into the
IGO-INGO PDP, which was both criticized for lumping in the Red Cross with
international governmental and non-governmental organizations but also
generally supported as being one clear method for advancing this important
issue-and likely the only method agreeable to other constituencies in the
community.

Thank you,

Brian

Brian J. Winterfeldt