RE: [council] GNSO ATRT2 Applicants (minor change to improve clarity)
- To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx List" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [council] GNSO ATRT2 Applicants (minor change to improve clarity)
- From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 02:11:57 -0800
- Accept-language: fr-FR, en-US
- Acceptlanguage: fr-FR, en-US
- Cc: "jonathan.robinson@xxxxxxxxxxx" <jonathan.robinson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <51039FAE.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <email@example.com> <51039FAE.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: Ac37pqgZAfn5vxX1R1KTOPRXgoCqtQAzTr3A
- Thread-topic: [council] GNSO ATRT2 Applicants (minor change to improve clarity)
Voting closed on Saturday 26 January 2013 at 23h59 UTC.
Contracted Parties House (Total 7 votes)
(6 people voted - I person did not vote)
5 people abstained
1 person supported each of the candidates
Non Contracted Parties House (Total 13 votes)
(11 people voted - 2 people did not vote)
9 votes in support of Olivier Muron
8 votes in support of Marie-Laure Lemineur
Sixty percent support of both houses represented in the Council is required for
endorsement. The candidates have not obtained that level of support.
The list of endorsements obtained via the bottom-up process of stakeholder
group nominations will be deemed final and forwarded to ICANN.
Glen de Saint Géry
De : owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] De la
part de Volker Greimann
Envoyé : samedi 26 janvier 2013 10:20
À : Jonathan Robinson
Cc : council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Objet : Re: [council] GNSO ATRT2 Applicants (minor change to improve clarity)
thank you for making sure the process remains on track despite the difficult
deadlines and our inablility to resolve this early on our last call. During the
Amsterdam meeting the RrSG councilors have met and discussed the ballot, and we
have elected to abstain on a vote on the two additional candidates. We believe
the GNSO has endorsed four candidates for the ATRT that are highly capable for
the role. The questions of geographic and gender diversity are fully available
to the Chairs of the Board and GAC through the full slate of candidates from
all parts of the community.
The GNSO Council has now received endorsements from all four SGs.
As a reminder, the GNSO process is as follows:
The Council will consider the resulting list of up to four nominees at its next
teleconference. If the list does not meet the above mentioned diversity
objectives, the Council as a whole may choose to endorse up to two additional
candidates from the applicant pool who would help to give the list of GNSO
nominees the desired balance. In this case, the Council would hold a vote
during its teleconference, with sixty percent support of both
houses represented in the Council being required for endorsement. If no
candidate obtains that level of support, the list of endorsements obtained via
the bottom-up process of stakeholder group nominations will be deemed final and
forwarded to ICANN.
· The candidate list meets the GNSO agreed gender diversity requirements
in that not all endorsed candidates are of the same gender.
· However it does not meet the GNSO agreed geographic diversity
requirements in that all endorsed candidates are from a single (North America)
Therefore the slate needs to be added to with (up to two) additional SG
supported candidates in order to get closer to meeting geographic diversity
The two SG supported candidates that assist us in meeting this requirement are:
Therefore we will ballot the Council on list (since a teleconference is now not
practical ahead of the deadline) in order to see if either or both (of
Marie-Laure Lemineur and Olivier Mouron) have the support of 60% of both houses
of the Council.
Please can you keep an alert view on the Council list for the ballot which will
be available no later than 23h59 UTC today (24th January 2013). The ballot will
close 23h59 UTC on 26th January.