RE: [council] Proposed Response to the GAC regarding November 28th Letter

  • To: "'Jonathan Robinson'" <jonathan.robinson@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] Proposed Response to the GAC regarding November 28th Letter
  • From: "Novoa, Osvaldo" <onovoa@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 10:27:50 -0200
  • Accept-language: es-ES, es-UY
  • Acceptlanguage: es-ES, es-UY
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jonathan,
I agree with your proposal.
Best regards,
Osvaldo

________________________________
De: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] En
nombre de Jonathan Robinson
Enviado el: Martes, 11 de Diciembre de 2012 09:45
Para: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Asunto: RE: [council] Proposed Response to the GAC regarding November 28th
Letter

All,

Good contributions from various Councillors.  Great to see.  Thanks all for
getting fully engaged with this important issue.

My reading is that we now have to resolve a couple of substantial points before
fine-tuning the draft.  I believe that the points are as follows:

1.      Do we include the history?  If so where?  I think I am in favour but as
a factual summary of key points in an appendix / second page.
The motivation is to put it on record and as background or context for this
reply.  I suspect that many (including in the GAC) will read this exchange in
isolation and not have a good grasp on the history.

2.      Policy v Implementation?  Agree with Thomas that we should state our
view politely and clearly but not suggest that we may not understand accurately.
Perhaps here an invitation to the GAC to provide their view by contributing it
to any future work (working group) that looks into this?
Here I should note that I suspect that the GAC feels that it is able to
participate and contribute, but not necessarily at the WG level in the same way
as many of us do.

Please feel free to support 1 & 2 above or disagree / re-iterate your view.
Also, please comment if I have missed any substantial points.
Thereafter, I think we should proceed to fine-tuning the draft.

Jonathan