Re: [council] Proposed Response to the GAC regarding November 28th Letter

I support Jeff's approach as well.  And Thomas makes good suggestions.

One observation on a recommendation by Thomas -- I'm not sure we should ask the
GAC for its interpretation of policy vs implementation.  I don't know that they
would provide it in the first place.  More to the point, as Jeff correctly
points out in his draft, there's no real test for it -- it's implied generally
by the outcomes of our work and isn't formally a filter for part of
decision-making.  If the community decides later that it should be, that's one
thing.  Imposing it is another.  So if we're going to ask the GAC about it, I
prefer not to do it here -- it will bog down this process, and I believe it
should be dealt with as a stand-alone issue.