Re: [council] FW: Letter from the GAC regarding IOC/RC Protections
- To: Jonathan Robinson <jonathan.robinson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [council] FW: Letter from the GAC regarding IOC/RC Protections
- From: John Berard <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 10:02:03 -0500
- Cc: "<council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <CCDBC434.2D4FCfirstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
First, this letter makes me more certain we should be emphatic about getting a
GAC observer on the Council.
Second, I have heard Jeff Neuman's comment on clarifying what is policy and
what is implementation and I agree.
Third, until the GNSO structure changes, the GAC advises the Board and if there
are policy questions, the Board engages the Council. Where is the Board on
this direct advice to the Council?
Four, look forward to the next Council meeting!
Sent from my iPhone
On Nov 29, 2012, at 4:59 AM, "Jonathan Robinson"
> FYI. Please see the attached letter received from the GAC last night my time.
> From: GAC Secretariat [mailto:gacsec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: 28 November 2012 21:38
> To: jonathan.robinson@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Cc: Steve Crocker; Fadi Chehade; Heather Dryden; Maria Häll; alice@xxxxxxx;
> Choon Sai LIM (IDA)
> Subject: Letter from the GAC regarding IOC/RC Protections
> Sent on behalf of Heather Dryden, GAC Chair
> Dear Jonathan,
> Attached please find a letter from the GAC regarding IOC and Red Cross/Red
> Crescent protections.
> Best regards,
> Jeannie Ellers
> Jeannie Ellers
> Manager, GAC Coordination
> Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
> 1101 New York Avenue NW, Suite 930
> Washington, DC 20005
> Ph. +1 202 570 7135
> M. +1 310 302 7552