Re: [council] GNSO Council - Looking ahead from ICANN 45

  • To: Jonathan Robinson <jonathan.robinson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] GNSO Council - Looking ahead from ICANN 45
  • From: Volker Greimann <vgreimann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 17:24:01 +0200
  • Cc: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=key-systems.net; h=content-type:content-type:in-reply-to:references:subject :subject:to:mime-version:user-agent:from:from:date:date :message-id; s=dkim; t=1351178590; x=1352042590; bh=D3Zlukyvl4gT 8Bo4kk1X5pJqsDRxv68NaZj3GuclyV0=; b=F8iFnlu60AZeuxlgi5hBwNHTn80/ bT7QqwyM+3DSx3TOqHEgX3XZz/UHfwE6DcDncjvRPGVIU8a8pbwy4XTm3ue9M8bp 1KovU8K2sJ9IXRgyf6kr+P8H0gM9Oe0RZWMdg5pggGql1XMmBikL2OfL4lU1VbLi ZviVD2YnO5T5M2U=
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Jonathan, dear fellow councillors,

I am looking forward to a productive and cooperative term on the Council and am very excited to be joining all of you in these interesting times for both ICANN and the GNSO.

As a way of introduction, I am the former secretary of the Registrar Stakeholder Group and work with Key-Systems, a registrar based in Germany. While I represent the registrars in the contracted parties house, I will be open to input and ideas from all directions if they serve to strengthen ICANN and the GNSO as a whole as well as improve policy for all parties.

A newcomer to the council, I will be looking for support from the more experienced members to climb the steep learning curve Maria referred to. I am looking forward to communicating with all of you and work jointly on solutions to the issues before us.

Best regards,

Volker Greimann

Dear Jonathan,

Many thanks to you for this warm welcome. I'm really thrilled to be joining the Council on behalf of the NCSG.

Oddly enough, when I was on staff some years ago as GNSO Policy Officer, Glen and I prepared the first formal inductions for new councillors. Back then we focused a lot on then-current substantive policy issues.

But now, at least as steep a learning curve is the many processes and procedures that have been developed. To be effective councillors, I think us new people could probably do with equal guidance on the 'how' of policy as well as the 'what'.

In that vein, can I ask for a link to the operating procedures to be circulated?

All the best, Maria