Re: [council] GNSO Council - Looking ahead from ICANN 45

  • To: Jonathan Robinson <jonathan.robinson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] GNSO Council - Looking ahead from ICANN 45
  • From: Maria Farrell <maria.farrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 15:52:04 +0100
  • Cc: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, gnso-secs@xxxxxxxxx
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; bh=6O4xztvjTvRHLB9upMVU3YIYGnYLQmZyikAHMQLsE6Q=; b=f/9NyMK6xRVgaWUn8Hj1U2nksVhOJ2fOKo05ztFek5wOSAd9zCYsCiB74y2CLKMRBg SmTa+4Zp3nMk8TIYj8Q0A+4Nfnem1hseLvMa8tbOFMEgWS84OGdv++u+5+kq7XTwmIfW qyFU9oyEk3T9BEssKLrdY5TxGjAqMg0ytfetbfrH2TjiJJTvqzqbmPhweMGc5+ijtg/z ScPr12K0amp8gb7OBp/fU+/uHYcsK25oMEvj6xn2AL60qfsIJdbeBmG9zQsBBTRKkWJQ +7T7HaR7IEyuj/EDRDl5au7RwqsVE1AYxkzB22ESYQ1qNX1qux69ruLb8fYTdJnhw9cG cbAg==
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Jonathan,

Many thanks to you for this warm welcome. I'm really thrilled to be joining
the Council on behalf of the NCSG.

Oddly enough, when I was on staff some years ago as GNSO Policy Officer,
Glen and I prepared the first formal inductions for new councillors. Back
then we focused a lot on then-current substantive policy issues.

But now, at least as steep a learning curve is the many processes and
procedures that have been developed. To be effective councillors, I think
us new people could probably do with equal guidance on the 'how' of policy
as well as the 'what'.

In that vein, can I ask for a link to the operating procedures to be
circulated?

All the best, Maria