Re: AW: [council] suggestions for the Toronto agenda

  • To: William Drake <william.drake@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: AW: [council] suggestions for the Toronto agenda
  • From: Ching Chiao <chiao@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 13:49:45 +0800
  • Cc: "Kleinwächter, Wolfgang" <wolfgang.kleinwaechter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Thomas Rickert <rickert@xxxxxxxxxxx>, GNSO Council List <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=z4NqESFvqO7S0BnY2ISzUpW5Mhj6nmVuraSEqxHaxAA=; b=xmtqaoIecaR+Z2B6Iy28Hcm1Hi1gTXqWMfwQYD8Q7a1ChHEaSTPsL6UVKgtxR13vyf 6cnzF1bphyNSll5eDprc/PV3l5vfDi0ccHnbErCcmhY/RbLBHBrUukYRHGU9SdihhoAY GNvGSnHxbaeSN3YqoBbEkmyV7gCrLda/IYIIJuUagofplVKKhKkyVCUWlo+IYxykpxD5 2kY9bEwaAuIiMZrrNcqHR/76oboLNUMHh9/8tCGyRbsh01jqNPFki8mZOb2AoxzeoK6L ffmGKTfGe6aInINklhBEBB+ODjRpe0d9qzL/zoflPmlkfjAituiyatY9HhuJaWnUkd2+ 19ww==
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Personally I suggest the Council should investigate the locality of
contract issue before putting it on the table:
a. It involves ASO and ccNSO which some of the members in those two orgs
have contracts / MoUs with ICANN. What are their positions on this?
b. Maybe I am wrong on this ... but If worldwide registrars have issues
with ICANN on locality of contract, they should have already acted on it,
but they did not.
c. So IMHO, this discussion will lead to revision of contract revision and
create even more complex legal structure. This perhaps benefit lawyers more
than the applicants.

Thomas -- I still appreciate your consideration on this issue. Would you be
able to share any views from others in CPH / ASO / ccNSO ?

Best regards,

Ching