[council] TAS Interruption - Update (9 May 2012) | ICANN
- To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [council] TAS Interruption - Update (9 May 2012) | ICANN
- From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 05:57:15 -0700
- Accept-language: fr-FR, en-US
- Acceptlanguage: fr-FR, en-US
- In-reply-to: <DD0F6654-9496-4EE4-9AEC-25917DD7A551@icann.org>
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <DD0F6654-9496-4EE4-9AEC-25917DD7A551@icann.org>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: Ac0uoy8k2p2B0i9BQfSnZLVfLrdu3gACQUPw
- Thread-topic: TAS Interruption - Update (9 May 2012) | ICANN
Statement by Akram Atallah, COO
9 May 2012
As we announced yesterday, ICANN has provided notice to all users to let them
know whether they may have been affected by the technical glitch in the
TLDapplication system, or TAS.
We sent an
[PDF, 41 KB] to each TAS user asking them to log in to the notification system
and view whether they may have been affected. Notifications were delivered to
the 1,275 registered TAS users in four categories.
The categories, along with links to the corresponding notification template,
break down as follows:
1. Users who did not have file names or usernames
72 KB]: 1,163
2. Users who had one or more file names and/or user names that may have
been viewed by another
[PDF, 73 KB]: 72.
3. Users who may have seen the file names and/or usernames of one or more
[PDF, 73 KB]: 30.
4. Users who had one or more file names and/or user names that may have
been viewed, and who also may have been able to see file name and/or username
information of other
[PDF, 75 KB]: 10.
Users whose file names and/or user names may have been viewed were provided
with the details of the relevant information.
As we announced yesterday, we are targeting 22 May 2012 as the intended
reopening date for TAS, and anticipate a 30 May closing.
We understand and regret the inconvenience that the glitch has caused.