Re: [council] Reconfiguring the URS?

My understanding is that ICANN has been told by likely providers that
$300-500 is an unrealistic number given the various steps and time lines
involved in the current URS process. To me, this means that arriving at
a realistic cost (whatever that turns out to be) will necessarily
involve examining and likely changing the URS itself.

Since the URS was developed by the GNSO (through the STI refining the
original proposal from the IRT) it seems to me essential that the GNSO
be involved in any further change, refinement and discussion of it
(whether at summits or ICANN meetings or through WGs).

Cheers
Mary

Mary W S Wong
Professor of Law
Chair, Graduate IP Programs
Director, Franklin Pierce Center for IP
UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE SCHOOL OF LAWTwo White StreetConcord, NH
03301USAEmail: mary.wong@xxxxxxx.eduPhone: 1-603-513-5143Webpage:
http://www.law.unh.edu/marywong/index.phpSelected writings available on
the Social Science Research Network (SSRN) at:
http://ssrn.com/author=437584>>>