[council] Statement on TLD Application System

  • To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Statement on TLD Application System
  • From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 06:36:33 -0700
  • Accept-language: fr-FR, en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: fr-FR, en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-3-12apr12-en.htm
Statement on TLD Application System

We have learned of a possible glitch in the TLD application system software
that has allowed a limited number of users to view some other users' file names
and user names in certain scenarios.

Out of an abundance of caution, we took the system offline to protect applicant
data. We are examining how this issue occurred and considering appropriate
steps forward.

We apologize for any concern this may have caused and will communicate on a
regular basis on our website, which can be found at http://newgtlds.icann.org

Akram Atallah
Chief Operating Officer
ICANN