[council] Opportunities to discuss RAA

  • To: "Council GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Opportunities to discuss RAA
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 04:24:49 +1000
  • Cc: "Kurt Pritz" <kurt.pritz@xxxxxxxxx>, "John Jeffrey" <john.jeffrey@xxxxxxxxx>, "Margie Milam" <Margie.Milam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello All,

Just some comments on forums in the schedule this week and the
opportunities to ask questions.

(1) There is a public session on the RAA and WHOIS on Monday at 1pm:

http://costarica43.icann.org/node/29531

As the staff said today - if you have questions on the process

-e.g what has happened to some of the GNSO requests,
what happens after the ICANN staff and registrars complete their
discussions?

- please provide them to staff so they can include that in their
presentation on Monday.

Staff are in the room at the moment and are also listening.

Further questions could be raised in that public session for staff to
follow up.

(2) There is an opportunity for the constituencies to discuss the
session on Tuesday in their meetings, and provide feedback to the staff
and the Board - and raise further questions during meetings between
constituencies/stakeholder groups and the Board.

(3) The Council is meeting on 2pm on Wednesday:

http://costarica43.icann.org/node/29653

You would have the option to agree through the chair to request staff be
available to help respond to questions raised by the Council on this
topic during the week.  The staff would prefer questions in advance so
they can properly prepare answers.

(4) There would also be an opportunity at the end of the public forum on
Thursday from 2pm onwards to raise further questions:

http://costarica43.icann.org/node/29713

Note I am note speaking here on behalf of registrars, although I am
employed by a registrar.

This is just to point out the opportunities that I am aware of in the
schedule this week to raise issues with staff and/or the Board, and
ensure you get the answers that you seek.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin