RE: [council] Re: GNSO members at JIG
- To: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>, Edmon Chung <edmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [council] Re: GNSO members at JIG
- From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 13:03:26 -0800
- Accept-language: fr-FR, en-US
- Acceptlanguage: fr-FR, en-US
- Cc: Jian Zhang <jian@xxxxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <FB4A8F6C-EEB3-4944-8B75-F29862942AC7@indom.com>
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <0f2601cce6cc$6ea18de0$4be4a9a0$@asia> <FB4A8F6C-EEB3-4944-8B75-F29862942AC7@indom.com>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AcznBrnWKKvOc24WRmCVFEUzZFhU9gAZ3sZQ
- Thread-topic: [council] Re: GNSO members at JIG
Certainly, it is underway.
Glen de Saint Géry
De : owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] De la
part de Stéphane Van Gelder
Envoyé : jeudi 9 février 2012 09:41
À : Edmon Chung; council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx GNSO
Cc : Jian Zhang
Objet : [council] Re: GNSO members at JIG
I am copying the Council for their information.
Glen, can I ask that you contact each of the existing members directly and ask
them on my behalf if they would like to remain as GNSO reps to the JIG?
Le 9 févr. 2012 à 02:44, Edmon Chung a écrit :
> Hi Stéphane,
> As part of the efforts to reinvigorate the participation at the JIG, would
> like to refresh the 5 official members from the GNSO (based on the joint
> charter, the JIG is formed by 10 official members, 5 from the GNSO and 5 from
> the ccNSO along with other observers) and also call for more volunteers to
> join the discussion.
> Currently the 5 official members listed from the GNSO are:
> Edmon Chung
> Rafik Dammak
> Terry Davis
> Karen Anne Hayne
> June Seo
> We are especially hoping to get more participation with the ongoing work on
> Universal Acceptance of IDN TLDs. This is an issue that affects all new
> gTLDs as well with particular concern for IDN TLDs, which also makes it an
> issue of common interest with the ccNSO (with the introduction of IDN
> ccTLDs). In brief, it is the issue of technical barriers faced by new gTLDs,
> e.g. where some software filters do not recognize new TLDs, databases e.g.
> facebook profiles not accepting URLs and emails with non legacy TLDs, etc.
> Perhaps another round of call for volunteers as well as a refresh of the 5
> official members would be useful. I can say that I am happy to continue to
> remain on the group and Rafik has also been participating actively.
> Wondering if Terry, Karen and June would like to continue to serve or others
> may be interested to join.
> Much thanks for the attention.