ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [council] Draft Agenda GNSO Council meeting on 16 February 2012 at 15:00

Thanks Jonathan.

Glen, please take the CCWG item out of the agenda, along with the motion. We 
will defer until the next meeting.

If anyone objects to this, please make your objection known promptly.


Stéphane Van Gelder
Directeur Général / General manager
INDOM Group NBT France
Head of Domain Operations
Group NBT

Le 8 févr. 2012 à 11:01, Jonathan Robinson a écrit :

> Hi Stéphane,
> A few thoughts / points.
> 1.       We worked hard to bring the WG’s work to the council early this year 
> and it is unfortunate that a short term shift in my schedule meant that I was 
> not there to present our work at the last council meeting.
> 2.       That said, this seems to be an important area of work which has 
> broad interest in it.  Therefore it is both urgent to keep it moving but also 
> important that it gets the maximum engagement.
> 3.       I checked the transcript and noted that the primary point discussed 
> at the most recent past GNSO Council Meeting was in and around the single 
> charter / multiple charter issue.  This was a point we grappled with in the 
> working group.  On balance we decided to present a view that a single charter 
> was required.  But, this was not the result of a unanimous view so it is not 
> surprising that it received further discussion.
> 4.        When the schedule was proposed for the meetings this year, I made 
> it clear that I would not be able to make the forthcoming council meeting and 
> that remains the case.  I cannot attend the meeting next week.
> Taking Bill’s suggestion into account as well as all of the above, it seems 
> sensible if not necessary to defer further discussion and the motion until 
> Costa Rica. 
> However, I’d like to take this opportunity emphasise my sense of both the 
> urgency and importance of moving this out beyond the GNSO and fully engaging 
> the broader community on the topic in order to aim to achieve wider, deeper 
> consensus on the issues involved as soon as possible.,
> Best wishes,
> Jonathan
> From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On 
> Behalf Of Stéphane Van Gelder
> Sent: 08 February 2012 09:06
> To: jonathan.robinson@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Cc: Glen de Saint Géry; council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [council] Draft Agenda GNSO Council meeting on 16 February 2012 
> at 15:00
> Jonathan, as leader of this team, would you see a problem with Bill's request?
> One alternate solution could be to start the discussion at this meeting with 
> a view to completing it in CR. However, there is a motion on the table here 
> so we may also feel we'd like to try and not delay this any more…
> Stéphane
> Le 8 févr. 2012 à 09:13, William Drake a écrit :
> Hi
> Thanks Glen.  One point:
> Item 5: Cross Community Working Group  Drafting Team (CCWG DT) (10 minutes)
> As with outreach, NCSG would prefer to defer this to a F2F in San Jose so 
> that we could probe a little deeper together and benefit from hearing the 
> views of any affected parties in the room before voting on how we might best 
> interface with them.  I recognize that'd be a double deferral but we've 
> already done the same with outreach, and Wolf-Ulrich had included it on the 
> tentative SJ schedule he circulated a few weeks back.  Would there be a 
> problem doing this?
> Thanks,
> Bill
> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature 
> database 6866 (20120207) __________
> The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
> http://www.eset.com

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>