[council] Friendly Amendments to CCI WG Motion and Charter (motion 7 on the motions page)

  • To: "GNSO Council" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Friendly Amendments to CCI WG Motion and Charter (motion 7 on the motions page)
  • From: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 11:51:48 -0700
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rosemary and Wolf,

I appreciate the amendment to the CCI WG motion to delete the word
"joint." I have a few other intended friendly amendments to the motion
and the Charter to be sure there is no confusion or doubt that this is a
GNSO chartered WG, which are always open to all interested parties
regardless of SO/AC affiliation, and to address concerns regarding the
timing of the report.

Friendly amendments to the motion:

1. Replace "of these SO/ACs" with "party" in the third/last Whereas.

2. Replace "at the ICANN Dakar Meeting in October, 2011" with "as soon
after the ICANN Dakar Meeting as reasonably possible" in the fifth
(second to last) Resolve. At this point in time it doesn't seem likely
that this WG can form, select a chair, have substantive discussions,
etc. and still produce a report by Dakar.

3. Strike the last Resolve entirely.

Friendly amendments to the Charter:

1. Title: change to "GNSO Working Group (WG) Charter."

2. Chartering Organization(s): change to "GNSO" only.

3. Deliverables & Timeframes: change "by the ICANN Dakar Meeting" to "as
soon after the ICANN Dakar Meeting as reasonably possible."

4. Membership Criteria: change to "The CCI WG will be open to all
interested parties."

5. Group Formation, Dependencies, & Dissolution: change to "This WG will
be formed as a GNSO chartered Working Group."

Finally, just a comment. I guess it works, but it seems redundant to
include excerpts from the GNSO WG Guidelines. IMO, charters should
simply state that those Guidelines apply and go into detail only where
it is proposing a departure from those guidelines with appropriate
reasoning.

Thanks,
Tim