RE: [council] Council meeting calendar

  • To: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>, Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>, "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx List" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] Council meeting calendar
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 11:05:22 -0400
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have shared my views with Stephane that I believe cancelling the meeting is
not a good idea.  We have 8+ motions at least to consider on the 22nd and many
of them are very substantive and likely may be deferred.

In addition, we vowed at the last open council meeting to try new things at the
Dakar public council meeting to make it more interactive and less focused on
motions drafting etc.  In order to be able to do that, we need to get some
business done before hand.

Given all of the things we now have on our plate, Kristina's note that there
may be additional motions from the IPC, the substantive discussions we will
likely have with JAS, and everything above, I am not in favor of cancelling the
next meeting.

Jeffrey J. Neuman

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use
of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient you have received this
e-mail message in error and any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying
in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original message.