Re: [council] Fwd: Postponed to Tuesday 14 June 2011 @ 1300 UTC / JAS WG - Board - GAC proposed June 7 meeting

  • To: Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] Fwd: Postponed to Tuesday 14 June 2011 @ 1300 UTC / JAS WG - Board - GAC proposed June 7 meeting
  • From: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 00:20:07 +0200
  • Cc: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Council" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Rafik,

Le 7 juin 2011 à 16:38, Rafik Dammak a écrit :

> Hello Stephane,
>

> This call continues to puzzle me. There has been little reaction on this list
> to the emails I've sent informing of the call, so I have not pushed this in
> any way. But this call does make me uncomfortable.
> JAS is a co-chartered group. It has produced an INTERIM report. Without much
> consultation with the GNSO, a call is organised by ALAC for the Board and the
> GAC to ask questions on this interim report.
>

> I think that you were informed via Olivier about the organizing this call and
> he coordinated with you in that matter.

I was informed yes, and have informed the Council whenever I was informed.
However there has been no coordination with the GNSO on organising this call
(or at least none that has involved me).

> In essence, I don't have any problem with this. I think it's actually very
> useful for a group like the JAS to explain its interim reports if people have
> questions.
>
> But part of me is thinking that because its an interim report, I am surprised
> that the Board would want to ask questions at this stage. I hear that the JAS
> WG is preparing a 3rd milestone report. I don't know if this is true and if
> this means that there will be a final report after this 3rd MS report (Rafik,
> can you perhaps shed some light on this please?). If that's the case, then
> this seems early days to get direct Board involvement.
>
> Jeff asked the same question before and I replied it: the WG is working to
> finish the remained items in the charter, not covered in MR2. there was no
> any decision made about 3rd MR, the WG is only committed to finish it works
> in regard to the mandate given by its chartering organizations. I think that
> is possible to receive questions and feedback at any stages.

Absolutely, now you mention it I remember seeing your previous answer to Jeff.
There's been so much email traffic on this in the last few days that it's
sometimes hard to keep track ;)