RE: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Fwd: [council] Concerns over JAS Working Group and Violations of its Charter

  • To: rafik.dammak@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Fwd: [council] Concerns over JAS Working Group and Violations of its Charter
  • From: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 12:16:03 -0700
  • Cc: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A lot of people put a lot of effort into defining and refining our
policy development process over the years. The concerns I have are that
the CWG does not replace or undermine that. I believe that is what
others have expressed concern about as well. Calling that
micromanagement is out of line and just not true.

Some have bemoaned what they see as unnecessary process. However,
process is what protects this system. Without it, anyone at any time
could question the validity of what is done and there would be no
defense.

Tim