RE: [council] Re: Joint ccNSO/GNSO IDN Working Group (JIG)

  • To: Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] Re: Joint ccNSO/GNSO IDN Working Group (JIG)
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 13:56:10 -0400
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Cc: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>, "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rafik,

As much as I love being told I am “incoherent”, I have to admit I don’t
understand your response.  Literally, I have no idea what you are trying to say.

I think you are trying to tie the JIG to the JAS comments, but I was not doing
that.  If you recall during the Council meeting, I wanted to remove the words
“forward to the Board” from the resolution in this case, because the ccNSO had
not yet had a chance to weigh in on it.  I was afraid that they may not agree
with everything and if they did not, then we would have to work things out with
the ccNSO to ensure consistency. Once we had a report that we could both
support, only then should we forward to the Board.  To do otherwise would be
for the GNSO to forward 1 version of the report, the ccNSO would forward
another version, and somehow we would expect the Board to resolve the
differences.   To me, that seems unworkable and contrary to bottom-up policy
making.

Again, this comment has nothing to do with the JAS working group at the moment.

Jeffrey J. Neuman
Please note new address starting March 21, 2011:  21575 Ridgetop Circle,
Sterling VA 20166

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use
of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient you have received this
e-mail message in error and any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying
in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original message.