Re: [council] questions for our joint meetings with GAC and ccNSO

Thanks all.

So right now I have the questions below. Any further comments or edits?

Stéphane

For the ccNSO

- A short explanation of how the 2 Councils work.

- What are the ccNSO currently working on, and which of these projects do they
anticipate direct GNSO input/feedback to be useful (if any)?

- Does the ccNSO see value in meeting with the GNSO Council and if so, how can
we maximise that value?

- There are big changes to the current ICANN landscape coming, with respect to
new gTLDs, what would the ccNSO's position be on cc operators that plan to run
gTLDs?

- Is it likely the move from cc to more general purpose (eg. .CO, .ME, .TV)
will accelerate?

For the GAC

- Do we want to have a formal group formed between GAC and GNSO to discuss and

- Should we work on finding a new liaison from the GAC to the GNSO ?

- How can the GNSO assist the GAC and the Board to implement the ATRT recs #12
& #13 recs (i.e. engaging the GAC earlier in the policy development process,
and ensuring that the GAC is fully informed as to the policy agenda at ICANN)?
Would CWGs be useful in this regard? What is the GAC's views on CWGs and how
would the GAC propose such groups' recommendations be processed?