[council] ICANN hires weight loss guru as vice president?

  • To: "'council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] ICANN hires weight loss guru as vice president?
  • From: "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 09:32:52 -0500
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All,

(With credit to Kevin Murphy at DomainIncite for breaking the story)  ICANN has
reportedly hired "a psychotherapist with a distinctly Buddhist bent who has
previously specialized in weight loss" as Vice President for Organizational
Effectiveness.  http://domainincite.com/;
http://www.icann.org/en/general/staff.html.
ICANN has gone without a Director of Compliance for almost 9 months and the
GNSO Council is being told that no new policy work should be initiated because
of staff workload, yet ICANN focuses its resources on hiring a VP for
Organizational Effectiveness?  Unbelievable and inexcusable.  Does anyone
believe the organizational effectiveness has improved since Mr. Levinson was
hired?
I propose we raise this example of misplaced organizational priorities with the
Board.  I'm willing to sacrifice my GAC question to do so.
Comments?