[council] RE: REMINDER: Agenda Board meeting with GNSO Council - Sunday March 13, 4pm 5:30 pm
- To: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>, Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [council] RE: REMINDER: Agenda Board meeting with GNSO Council - Sunday March 13, 4pm 5:30 pm
- From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 17:22:31 -0500
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
- In-reply-to: <05B243F724B2284986522B6ACD0504D7E5D350F06A@EXVPMBX100-1.exc.icann.org>
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <05B243F724B2284986522B6ACD0504D7E5D350F06A@EXVPMBX100-1.exc.icann.org>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AcvZ8Ahi4A8192dZRSKjwfOPWg3ZwwAAFQbg
- Thread-topic: REMINDER: Agenda Board meeting with GNSO Council - Sunday March 13, 4pm 5:30 pm
I would like to add a topic (if others agree) on new TLDs, but specifically the
role of the GNSO community in addressing any new items that come out of the
GAC/BD discussions on new gTLDs. More specifically, to the extent that there
are any inconsistencies between the policy advice given by the GNSO and what
the ICANN Board agrees to with the GAC, how will those matters be handled?
I did attend the Brussels meeting this week and I am not so concerned about the
concessions that were already made (other than some implementation questions I
have as a registry), but if some of the "2s" given by the ICANN Board become a
"1A or 1B" in the next few weeks, I believe we may have a conflict that needs
to be worked out.
I hope that made sense to people.
Jeffrey J. Neuman
Neustar, Inc. / Vice President, Law & Policy
The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use
of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient you have received this
e-mail message in error and any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying
of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original message.
From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Glen de Saint Géry
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2011 5:12 PM
To: Council GNSO
Subject: [council] REMINDER: Agenda Board meeting with GNSO Council - Sunday
March 13, 4pm 5:30 pm
REMINDER: These topics should be confirmed no later than by the close of
Business tomorrow, 4 March so that they can be transmitted to the Board.
Dear Council Members,
In relation with the meeting with the Board on Sunday afternoon, we should
send an agenda for this meeting as soon as possible.
In this sense let me remind you that during the last Council meeting it was
agreed to propose the topic:
- Consumer Choice, Competition and Innovation: context of the Board
Should you have other topics to be included in the agenda, please let Glen
and myself know as soon as possible.
Best regards and thanks.
Glen de Saint Géry