Re: AW: [council] Re-submission of the VI Motion for Sep 8th Council Meeting

  • To: <KnobenW@xxxxxxxxxx>, <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: AW: [council] Re-submission of the VI Motion for Sep 8th Council Meeting
  • From: "Caroline Greer" <cgreer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 21:31:15 +0100
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I don't know that we achieve anything more by just sending the Executive
Summary rather than the full report? And as regards additional commentary by
the Council Wolf, I think your first two points are covered in the original
motion and I am not sure that we can go so far as saying that we 'expect'
consensus recommendations to be made? We would all like to see this happen of
course and I am quite sure the WG will strive to achieve that but reference in
the original motion to an 'attempt' to work through the issues might perhaps be
better wording and a more accurate reflection of what is going on?

I know that a motion such as this is not strictly necessary process-wise but
perhaps it does no harm for the Council to publicly acknowledge the good work
that has been done to date by the WG since such a huge effort has gone behind
it. And while several Board members are very up to date on all that is going on
with the VI WG in particular, the same might not be said of all.

Thanks

Caroline Greer
Director of Policy
dotMobi