RE: [council] Motion on New gTLD Recommendation

  • To: <KnobenW@xxxxxxxxxx>, <Rosemary.Sinclair@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] Motion on New gTLD Recommendation
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 09:16:15 -0400
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wolf,

I will let staff respond to your request but here are some excerpts from
DAG4 that I found that are related.

Chuck

"1.1.2.6 Extended Evaluation

Extended Evaluation is available only to certain applicants

that do not pass Initial Evaluation.

Applicants failing certain elements of the Initial Evaluation

can request an Extended Evaluation. If the applicant does

not pass Initial Evaluation and does not expressly request

an Extended Evaluation, the application will proceed no

further. The Extended Evaluation period allows for an

additional exchange of information between the

applicant and evaluators to clarify information contained

in the application. The reviews performed in Extended

Evaluation do not introduce additional evaluation criteria."

"2.3 Extended Evaluation"  . . . "An Extended Evaluation does not imply
any change of the

evaluation criteria. The same criteria used in the Initial

Evaluation will be used to review the application in light of

clarifications provided by the applicant."

"2.4.1 Panels and Roles

The String Similarity Panel will assess whether a proposed

gTLD string is likely to result in user confusion due to similarity

with any reserved name, any existing TLD, any requested

IDN ccTLD, or any new gTLD string applied for in the current

application round. This occurs during the String Similarity

review in Initial Evaluation."