[council] Wendy Seltzer - Statement of Interest
- To: "'Council GNSO'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [council] Wendy Seltzer - Statement of Interest
- From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 23:10:01 -0700
- Accept-language: fr-FR, en-US
- Acceptlanguage: fr-FR, en-US
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AcpQgUQ1/8fYeZc7SmqJMj5CNyV1KgAARAyA
- Thread-topic: Wendy Seltzer - Statement of Interest
Forwarded From: Wendy Seltzer
Statement of Interest: Wendy Seltzer, NCUC Councilor
I am an individual member of the Non-Commercial Users Constituency,
elected by the NCUC to the GNSO Council.
I am a lawyer and law professor, currently a Fellow with the Silicon
Flatirons Center at the University of Colorado Law School and with
Harvard's Berkman Center for Internet & Society. I created and lead the
Chilling Effects Clearinghouse, <http://www.chillingeffects.org/>, a
website that catalogs threats to free expression online and helps
individuals to understand their rights in response. My legal
scholarship focuses on intellectual property, technology, free
expression, and innovation.
I serve on of the boards of two nonprofits, The Tor Project, Inc.,
promoting privacy and anonymity research, education, and technology; and
the World Wide Web Foundation, U.S., dedicated to advancing the web and
empowering people by improving Web science, standards, and generative
accessibility of Web technology. I do not represent any of these
organizations other than NCUC in ICANN.
I am also an individual member of the North American Regional At-Large
Organization. I will complete my term as At-Large Liaison to the Board
at the 2009 Annual Meeting in Seoul.
Except as registrant of several domain names, I have no financial
interest in ICANN policies.
Fellow, Silicon Flatirons Center at University of Colorado Law School
Fellow, Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University