Re: [council] Council wide Nominations are closed - Part 2 Each House determines a Candidate

  • To: "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>, <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] Council wide Nominations are closed - Part 2 Each House determines a Candidate
  • From: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 13:51:38 +0200
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Do we really need to go so deep into this that we are now wondering whether
councillors can be trusted by their SGs and so on?

On a personal level, I prefer to have an open vote. If people run for
election, and then hold a grudge against those who do not vote for them,
then they should not run period. Also, I prefer a totally transparent vote.

But that's just me. At least one us feels very strongly about not having it
open and has requested that we do not. That view should be heard and
respected. As a result, it has been suggested that we vote on whether the
elections should be an open ballot or a closed one. So let's just do that
and move on.

Stéphane