Re: [council] Council wide Nominations are closed - Part 2 Each House determines a Candidate

Hi,

1. It would be my inclination to hold this as a polled vote where each voting member of the council would be asked whether they voted to close the ballot. While we have voted on closing meetings, we have never voted to close a vote: they either were held by email, as a secret ballot, or were held in meeting as open ballots. I would treat closing the vote in the same way I have treated closing a meeting.

2. I know of no occasion where a GNSO council member has been restricted in declaring how he or she voted and why. While I suppose that the GNSO Council could decide on a gag rule, I expect that this would have to done explicitly by motion.

a.