[council] David Taylor: Statement of Interest
- To: "'Council GNSO'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [council] David Taylor: Statement of Interest
- From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 00:54:29 -0700
- Accept-language: fr-FR, en-US
- Acceptlanguage: fr-FR, en-US
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AcpNarAjVAKKsa6TQamjvFVpmTJ58AAeZ3NQABMLvIAAAMLDEAAAccpA
- Thread-topic: David Taylor: Statement of Interest
Forwarded From: Taylor, David
Statements of Interest:
- Identify the participant¹s current vocation, employer and position.
Partner in Lovells LLP international law firm heading up the Lovells Domain
- Characterise the type of work performed in the answer above.
Advising clients in intellectual property and technology issues and in
particular the protection of brands online and in respect to domain names; I
assist clients with domain name strategy, domain name registrations and domain
name recovery on a global basis.
Also act as a domain name panelist with WIPO (for the UDRP) the Czech
Arbitration Court (for .EU and the UDRP) and Nominet (for .UK).
- Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership interest in
registries, registrars or other firms that are interested parties in ICANN
policy or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction, contract, or other
arrangement. In particular, disclose if the participant or an affiliate or a
client intend or are considering applying for a new TLD.
None. Lovells has made no decision regarding whether to pursue a TLD. I am
involved in advising clients on new gTLD progress and issues and certain of
these clients are considering applying for a new TLD.
- Identify any type of commercial interest in ICANN policy development or
implementation outcomes. Is the participant representing other parties with
No direct commercial interest in ICANN policy development.
- Describe any arrangements or agreements between the participant and any
other group, constituency or person(s) regarding the participant¹s selection as
I am an individual member of the IPC and member of various other Intellectual
Property organisations; INTA, Marques, ECTA and the Society of Computers and
Law. No agreement or understanding with any of these groups as to
participation or views in connection with the GNSO.