[council] RE: Webinar calling for commnets on proposed redesign of GNSO.ICANN.ORG web site
- To: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>, Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [council] RE: Webinar calling for commnets on proposed redesign of GNSO.ICANN.ORG web site
- From: Adrian Kinderis <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 09:58:04 +1100
- Accept-language: en-US, en-AU
- Acceptlanguage: en-US, en-AU
- In-reply-to: <05B243F724B2284986522B6ACD0504D7C086035C5D@EXVPMBX100-1.exc.icann.org>
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <05B243F724B2284986522B6ACD0504D7C086035C5D@EXVPMBX100-1.exc.icann.org>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AcpHfTcGKzAVXfbLRC6Tk0LigtC66QAI5NFw
- Thread-topic: Webinar calling for commnets on proposed redesign of GNSO.ICANN.ORG web site
With all due respect to Glen (whom I love to death!), is it really fair to be
thrusting this Webinar upon us right now!
There seems to be an endless number of calls and webinars (not to mention all
the documents to read) for Councillors.
If you want to solicit meaningful feedback wouldn't it make sense to structure
the comments for a time when we can all put some decent thought into it.
I'd love to see us reduce the number of topics/ tasks being tackled. Reign this
thing in NOW before it gets out of hand (too late???).
From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Glen de Saint Géry
Sent: Thursday, 8 October 2009 5:37 AM
To: Council GNSO
Subject: [council] Webinar calling for commnets on proposed redesign of
GNSO.ICANN.ORG web site
Please take part in the Webinar organized to call for Comments on the proposed
redesign of GNSO.ICANN.ORG web site on Wednesday 14 October at 1300 UTC
As part of the GNSO Improvements Project, one of the tasks given the Operations
Steering Committee's (OSC's) Communications Coordination Team (CCT) was to make
the GNSO web site "more usable." The CCT has expedited progress on this task
and, after extensive research with GNSO users and the ICANN community, has
developed a proposed re-design of gnso.icann.org.
The CCT's research indicates that the three most common user tasks on the GNSO
site are: trying to find a document; managing activities via the Master
Calendar; and seeking to learn the latest regarding a policy issue. The CCT
proposed redesign to GNSO.ICANN.ORG simplifies those three tasks, and also
makes the site friendlier to newcomers.
Scott Pinzon and Ken Bour, ICANN Staff supporting the CCT, are presenting an
overview and some wireframe diagrams of the proposed redesign. The goal is to
gain your input, advice, and suggestions on further refinements. The overview
.What it means to move from a static website to a dynamic website
.The reasoning behind the proposed changes
.Whose input influenced the proposed changes
.Proposed new features, such as the Acronym Helper
.How non-English content could be handled
.Where to send comments and suggestions
The webinar will be held on Wednesday 14 October at 1300 UTC using Adobe
Connect and the dial-in bridge. All are welcome to participate, but members of
the GNSO are especially encouraged to participate.
To make sure that there are enough lines, please RSVP to Gisella Gruber-White:
Dial-in details and the Adobe Connect room details will then be forwarded to
Glen de Saint Géry