[council] Additional Council motion

  • To: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Additional Council motion
  • From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 12:18:34 -0700
  • Accept-language: fr-FR, en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: fr-FR, en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Councillors,

In addition to the resolutions that were passed at the GNSO Council meeting on
Thursday 24 September 2009

The Council passed a motion to hold a closed breakfast meeting:

 - one hour before the regularly scheduled meeting, 08:00 - 09:00,  on Sunday,
25 October 2009.
-  during which there will be no recording, transcription or remote
participation
 - the declared reason for closing the meeting is to allow the GNSO Council
members, incoming and outgoing, liaisons to the Council  and Policy staff to
know each other better and share concerns.

11 Votes in favour
Philip Sheppard, Kristina Rosette, Tony Harris, Maggie Mansourkia, Olga Cavalli
(one vote each)

Tim Ruiz, Stéphane van Gelder, Chuck Gomes (two votes each)

Chuck Gomes and Olga Cavalli noted for the record:

Chuck Gomes:
"Yes and I will add a comment as well. Personally I would be okay with it being
open. But I think there are enough people that are concerned about that, that I
respect their view on that.

Olga Cavalli:
"Yes and I have a comment. The same as Chuck. I would prefer an open meeting
but I understand the constraints of speaking (unintelligible) people have, so
that's okay if it's closed.

Two Votes against:
Mary Wong, William Drake.

Mary Wong noted:

"This is 'no' on principle because of the (NCU) position on openness. Although
personally I just want to say that I understand the limited reasons why others
might vote yes. Thank you."

Dropped off the call:
Zahid Jamil, Cyril Chua, Edmon Chung

Absent councillors:
Mike Rodenbaugh, Ute Decker, Tony Holmes, Carlos Souza, Adrian Kinderis, Jordi
Iparraguirre, Terry Davis.

Thank you.
Kind regards,

Glen