RE: [council] Regarding topics for open discussion amongst SOs and ACs

For the reasons already given by Bill and Tim, I too support accountability as
an important issue that needs to be discussed across the ACSO community,
preferably sooner rather than later.

FWIW I also think that Bruce's earlier point about what "accountability" might
mean - both in the ICANN context and in the minds of different
stakeholders/groups/constituencies/participants - is a valid and important one
to discuss openly as well.

Cheers
Mary

Mary W S Wong
Professor of Law
Franklin Pierce Law Center
Two White Street
Concord, NH 03301
USA
Email: mwong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 1-603-513-5143
Webpage: http://www.piercelaw.edu/marywong/index.php
Selected writings available on the Social Science Research Network (SSRN) at:
http://ssrn.com/author=437584

>>> "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx> 9/3/2009 11:49 AM >>>

Thanks Avri. I know that new gTLD issues weigh heavy on everyones'
minds and these issues will no doubt continue to be the focus of
much of what goes on in Seoul. But accountability is also a long
term issue that a significant portion of the community clearly
feels has not been resolved. We need to begin getting organized
across the ACSO structure to address it.

Tim