RE: [council] Registry Operators

  • To: "Alan Greenberg" <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] Registry Operators
  • From: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 09:16:38 -0700
  • Cc: "Council GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> the GNSO must have a home somewhere for
> resellers and registry service providers.

If by home you mean membership in a SG or
constituency, Why? That's the thinking
that is going to get us bogged down into
all kinds of unworkable complications.

I personally do not believe that it is
necessary, or wise to believe, that every
entity is going to fit neatly into a SG
or constituency. The more important test
should be wheher or not they can
meaningfully participate.

Since one of the main purposes of the BGC
was to move the policy making role more
into a WG model and away from the Council
being legislators, then participation in
the WGs is actually the most meaningful
way to participate, and that is open to
all.

Tim