[council] Board - Policy Staff - GNSO Council topics
- To: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [council] Board - Policy Staff - GNSO Council topics
- From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 09:40:16 +0200
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The top 2 topics were:
1. with 11 in favor: Critical Issues for new gTLDs - Geographic names
at 1st and 2nd levels
2. with 10 in favor: Critical Issues for new gTLDs - The IRT Report
and in third:
3. with 8 in favor: Restructuring issues: By-laws and Charters
the other topics were distant also-ran with 0 and 2 votes.
So have decided the number one issue:
Critical Issues for new gTLDs - Geographic names at 1st and 2nd levels
Will be the main topic at the dinner
and the number 2 issue
Critical Issues for new gTLDs - The IRT Report
will be the dessert topic.
I am assuming that the number 3 topic will be available for people who
decide they have nothing further to say on the previous two topics or
who are looking for some light banter during cocktails or in the bar
after dinner, but will not schedule it for the dinner.
I am hoping, however, there will be chance for all of the Stakeholder
Groups to discuss their pending charters with the SIC and the Board at
some time during the week in Sydney. With having resolved most of the
issue on the By-Laws in the DT, I think the charter issues are largely
SG specific in any case.
Thanks for taking part in the poll.