[council] Verisign signs the root
- To: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [council] Verisign signs the root
- From: Adrian Kinderis <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 20:27:51 +1000
- Accept-language: en-US, en-AU
- Acceptlanguage: en-US, en-AU
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: Acnk/x1YZDpcYlNkTeCUSFfrDhsdmg==
- Thread-topic: Verisign signs the root
This is sure to make for some interesting conversation in Sydney.
Quite frankly I am surprised to see this. How is this function simply allocated
to VeriSign (a U.S. Public Company) by ICANN and the DOC?
Perhaps we could add this to the GNSO agenda somewhere?