[council] RE: Implementation of AGP Restriction Consensus Policy
- To: "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: [council] RE: Implementation of AGP Restriction Consensus Policy
- From: Craig Schwartz <craig.schwartz@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 17:10:53 -0700
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
- Cc: Kevin Wilson <kevin.wilson@xxxxxxxxx>, "council@xxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <3BA081BEFB35144DBD44B2F141C2C727068E86D6@cbiexm04dc.cov.com>
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <3BA081BEFB35144DBD44B2F141C2C727068E86D6@cbiexm04dc.cov.com>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AcnVreWkxBGCJTGCSDWzwHBBg9Ou4wADB3xQ
- Thread-topic: Implementation of AGP Restriction Consensus Policy
Here is the status report I provided to Policy staff in advance of the last
GNSO Council call knowing that I would not be available to update on the call
- An advisory on the implementation of the AGP Limits Policy was made to the
community on 17 December 2008, and called for roll-out of the Policy as soon as
possible and no later than 31 March 2009 for an effective date of 1 April 2009.
- 15 of the 16 gTLD registries are required to implement the Policy since they
offer an AGP to their registrars.
- 12 of the 15 gTLD registries reported in February 2009 that they will
implement the Policy effective 1 April 2009.
- 3 of the 15 gTLD registries (.MOBI, .ASIA and .AERO) requested a one-month
extension and have provided notice that they will implement the Policy
effective 1 May 2009.
- The new reporting requirements of the Policy are due to be reflected for the
12 gTLD registries in the reports they are required to submit by 20 May 2009
for the April reporting period. Monthly registry reports for April 2009 will be
publicly available on ICANN’s website on or after 1 August 2009 in observance
of the three-month confidentiality period for registry reports. The new
reporting requirements are:
- Number of exemption requests
- Number of exemptions granted
- Number of names affected by granted exemption request
- Number of AGP deletes (domains-deleted-grace) if this information is
not currently defined in the Operator's monthly reporting requirement
AGP deletes information:
- On 13 November 2008, an announcement on the ICANN website reported that AGP
deletes had decreased by 84% (17.6 million to 2.8 million) from the period June
2008 to July 2008 following implementation of the ICANN Board approved AGP
Budget Provision. This provision called for an assessment of the
registrar-level transaction fee, US$0.20 at that time, for all AGP deletes that
exceed the threshold defined in provision. The threshold of this provision, and
that of the AGP Limits Policy, is 10% of the net adds for the month or 50
whichever is greater.
- The AGP Budget Provision is due to expire on 30 June 2009 at the conclusion
of ICANN’s fiscal year.
- For the period July 2008 through January 2009, the average monthly AGP
deletes figure is 2.8 million.
Please let me know if you have further questions about this information.
Chief gTLD Registry Liaison
1875 I Street, NW, Suite 501
Washington, DC 20006
Office +1 202.429.2703
From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Rosette, Kristina
Sent: Friday, May 15, 2009 3:39 PM
Subject: [council] Implementation of AGP Restriction Consensus Policy
[Apologies for the interruption - this message is intended for the staff
person(s) responsible for the implementation of the AGP restriction consensus
policy. I meant to ask in our last Council call, but forgot.]
If I've remembered the dates correctly, March 31 was the deadline for
implementation, and the monthly reports for April (which are due about now, I
think) should reflect that implementation. Was the implementation deadline met
by all registries and will ICANN be receiving reports for April from all of
them that reflect that implementation? If not, which ones didn't meet that
deadline and when will they?
Covington & Burling LLP
1201 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, DC 20004-2401
direct fax: 202-778-5173
main fax: 202-662-6291
This message is from a law firm and may contain information that is
confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
please immediately advise the sender by reply e-mail that this message has been
inadvertently transmitted to you and delete this e-mail from your system.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Sent from my Wireless Handheld