RE: [council] Proposed cover letter for GNSO Letter to GAC
- To: "'Avri Doria'" <avri@xxxxxxx>, "'Council GNSO'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [council] Proposed cover letter for GNSO Letter to GAC
- From: "Tony Holmes" <tonyarholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 17:41:28 +0100
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:From:To:References:In-Reply-To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:X-MimeOLE; b=PZE9hXbo+IfOASW6WsWyDWYEpkvc9NtouuazFQr0U8tS3W2xh4drSLavbpIEuGc1Lx+7H/dz+kVLz2pL4ht+spDj9IbhPT536zn7S84NAUZ3vmPBGD68V2vNIF9KyI5Vm9IAQbaEEyBv3AhxgsEcTSSkvZTmNGDeM48Zvpcvn3w= ;
- In-reply-to: <542950F3-A677-4F95-B1DE-5A53EB549EDA@psg.com>
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <542950F3-A677-4F95-B1DE-5A53EB549EDA@psg.com>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AcnVG/ni0l4IzEJWTzmqLVOqoSwA7gAVhE7A
Although this is a letter from the GNSO Council rather than the GNSO there's
been considerable discussion over this within the ISPCP Constituency and as
a result we're unable to offer support for the letter.
In addition to specific concerns that some ISPCP members have expressed
there is also an overriding view that the GNSO Council doesn't have to offer
a response on such a controversial issue and at this stage it should be left
to the Board.
Could I ask that the note you propose below is subject to a minor amendment
that adds the Internet Service Providers and Connectivity Providers
Constituency to the abstention.
From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Avri Doria
Sent: 15 May 2009 06:13
To: Council GNSO
Subject: [council] Proposed cover letter for GNSO Letter to GAC
I propose sending the the following to the GAC later today. I would
especially be interested in receiving confirmation from the BC,
Kristina and Mary on the accuracy of the statement I have included on
Attached please find a letter from the GNSO Council written in
response to your opem letter of April 24 2009 to the ICANN CEO. This
communication has been approved by the GNSO Council with the noted
abstention of the Commercial and Business Constituency. Additionally
both Kristina Rosette and Mary Wong, as active participants in the
Implementation Recommendation Team (IRT), felt that support of this
document at this time might be inconsistent with their work as part of
the IRT and have also abstained.
Thank you for the opportunity to comment and for accepting our comment
at this time. The GNSO Council looks forward to discussing the issue
with the GAC at our joint meeting in Sydney.
The attachment will include Stéphane's 13 May version of the the
letter with changes accepted and date updated.