Re: [council] Draft Revisions Bylaws - GNSO Restructure

Also contrary, inter alia, to basic comity.

Bill

On Apr 21, 2009, at 3:41 PM, Gomes, Chuck wrote:

Philip,

In a very brief review of some of the proposed edits, it appears to me
that some of them are contrary to the Board approved recommendations.
Is that correct or am I missing something?

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Philip Sheppard
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 5:45 AM
To: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [council] Draft Revisions Bylaws - GNSO Restructure

Please find attached a proposed red-line of the proposed
draft by-laws revision.
These are submitted for discussion and are preliminary.
There are submitted on behalf of the BC, IPC, and ISPs.

Highlights include:
-  the naming of certain SGs and Houses. In particular the
House to which we will belong should be referred to as the
"Users & Providers House". As agreed with our non-commercial
colleagues in Mexico we do not wish to be defined in the
negative!  The addition of "providers" to "Users" reflects
the unique nature of the ISPs.
-  specificity on the Nom Com
-  a placemark on seat numbers for the NCISG.

Notwithstanding these comments, Council should be aware that
the recent petition from the IDN group for a constituency
seems to drive a coach and horses through the neat division
of Council into two Houses. That petition seeks to create a
Constituency of inter alia registries, registrars, commercial
and non-commercial bodies. With apologies to  Jeff Beck, this
constituency would appear to be: "everywhere and nowhere
baby, that's where you're at."

Philip

William J. Drake
Senior Associate