Re: [council] IDN gTLD Fast Track discussion

  • To: Edmon Chung <edmon@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Council GNSO'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] IDN gTLD Fast Track discussion
  • From: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 16:58:57 +0100
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edmon,

Would it not be difficult to argue for an IDN gTLD fast track if no such
mechanism is also planned for other non-contentious subcategories of new
TLDs?

There was a lot of discussion on the possibility of increasing the number of
TLD categories in Mexico and my feeling was that staff wasn't in favour. I
could be wrong of course...

I actually think it makes a lot of sense to allow non-contentious TLDs a way
forward before the mainstream new TLD launch, if it means TLDs that present
more complicated issues get ironed out properly while at the same time not
delaying the others.

Thanks,

Stéphane Van Gelder