Apologies for misunderstanding.

We had discussed another option in the meeting - i.e. there had been a discussion of whether it would be easier to just extend our terms until the elections were held under the bi-cameral rules, but i argued against this for the reasons given in my previous. Since you were not in that meeting, I mistakenly I thought you were brining up that option.

a.

On 8 Nov 2008, at 09:44, Gomes, Chuck wrote:

The approach you describe is what I was assuming Avri. I was simply recommending that it might be good to elect you using the existing election procedures.

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: Avri Doria [mailto:avri@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2008 11:01 AM
To: Gomes, Chuck
Cc: Glen de Saint Géry; council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [council] Proposed draft schedule for GNSO Chair
and Vice Chair elections

Hi,

Thanks for this sentiment.  And yes, if the council is
willing to have me serve a while longer I am willing to do so.

However;

We did talk about it some.  The ICANN by-laws require a
yearly election and it seems easier to hold that election
whether it is one candidate or more.  Getting a waiver or a
change in the by-laws may be over kill at this point.

Once we have changes in the new by-laws and have defined the
election of a chair for the bi-cameral and have seated the
new council, it seems reasonable that at this point the
council would hold elections and upon election of a new
chair, any current chair from the old system would be replaced.

So my recommendation in the meeting was that we hold
elections as normal and then hold elections again once we
have the new council mid year.

In terms of myself, if nominated, I will stand again knowing
that the by-laws will change under the new system and that
another election will occur during the year.  Since my term
as a council member ends at the end of the annual meeting of
2009, I will not be standing for election once the bi-cameral
system is put into place (assuming I am not replaced before
then under a more rapid suggestion of NCA exchange).

a.