Re: [council] ccNSO Liaison

Hi,

This hadn't been my plan, but can certainly do so if this is what is council members want to do.

a.

On 29 Oct 2008, at 08:02, Gomes, Chuck wrote:

Avri,

I am personally fine with Olga serving as GNSO Council liaison to the
ccNSO but I do think that we should confirm the decision in our meeting
next Wednesday in Cairo and assume that is your plan.  This is
especially important because most Councilors will be traveling some time
this week.

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Avri Doria
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 7:33 AM
To: Council GNSO
Subject: Re: [council] ccNSO Liaison

Hi,

I have received the name of one interested council member:
Olga Cavalli.

As mentioned below, I request that anyone who objects to
appointing Olga to the liaison role, please let me know
before the end of the week (31 Oct).  If I receive an
objection, I will ask that Glen set up
the voting mechanism for majority confirmation of Olga in
this role.
If I receive no objections, I will inform this list and the
ccNSO chair of our appointment..

While we did not discuss this I recommend that this role,
like other roles, be one that nis chosen on a yearly basis.
As we  resolve the issues of the election of GNSO chair in
the bi-cameral setup, I suggest that we can also cover the
election of other Council wide roles such as this one.

thanks

a.