Re: [council] Motion on Whois studies

Hi Chuck,

could you please elaborate a bit why you think there is only a minimal chance
to move towards asking for funding information on studies?

It is surely useful to get a more detailed analysis with recommendations for
studies in future, but I thought as a starting step it would not be so
difficult for staff to identify past time/funds used for studies? And then
the additions for non-staff time/money dedicated to past studies could be
added as estimates to get a general idea.

Even the very detailed analysis the RyC is proposing would have to start with
the same basic initial survey, I think. And we would have a first - tough
interim - collection of data sooner, before we might embark on further
studies. I understood that was Avri's intention.

But maybe my assumptions are wrong?

Norbert

--
If you want to know what is going on in Cambodia,
please visit us regularly - you can find something new every day:

http://cambodiamirror.wordpress.com (English)
http://kanhchoksangkum.wordpress.com (Khmer)