Re: [council] Re; Impovements plan - a comment on the compositon of the OSC

On 10 Oct 2008, at 12:02, Gomes, Chuck wrote:

 I am hoping there will be more discussion
like this and to encourage it even more, I second the motion for the
amendment.

thanks.

We will probably have to define 'full consensus' more precisely. Would
'observers' be included in full consensus?  If so, then what is the
difference between being a regular member and an observer?

I have always assumed it was full consensus of members not including other participants. for example wile the comments of staff are always highly valued, I did not assume they were figuring into the consensus decisions. they are list among other participants. Note: this is different then in the planing team where staff are members of the team due to the nature of the Board's mandate to staff and council.

If necessary for clarity we could amend the two instances of:

Decision making for the [P,O]SC
• Unless otherwise determined by the [P,O]SC members, committee decisions
  will be made using a “full consensus” process.

Decision making for the [P,O]SC
• Unless otherwise determined by the [P,O]SC members, committee decisions
  will be made using a “full consensus of the members" process.

a.