        From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Rodenbaugh
        Sent: Friday, September 05, 2008 11:07 AM
        To: 'Council GNSO'
        Subject: RE: [council] Trans -SO/AC meeting in Cairo

        I agree this is a great concept if scheduling can work, and we
should have a specific agenda rather than a broad amorphous topic like
"PSC Consultation."  I do not see the benefit of discussing that in this
broad group, and would greatly prefer to focus on policy matters - such
as updates from the various SOs/ACs about their policy initiatives, and
cross discussion about each other's initiatives.  Ideally these bodies
can someday coordinate their policy development efforts, or at least
routinely keep each other informed and with the ability to comment,
because many policy efforts really ought to cut across multiple of these
organizations but this silo'd ICANN system doesn't easily allow for
cross-efforts.

        Thanks,

        Mike