RE: [council] Trans -SO/AC meeting in Cairo

  • To: "'Council GNSO'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] Trans -SO/AC meeting in Cairo
  • From: "Mike Rodenbaugh" <icann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 08:06:37 -0700
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I agree this is a great concept if scheduling can work, and we should have a
specific agenda rather than a broad amorphous topic like "PSC Consultation."
I do not see the benefit of discussing that in this broad group, and would
greatly prefer to focus on policy matters - such as updates from the various
SOs/ACs about their policy initiatives, and cross discussion about each
other's initiatives.  Ideally these bodies can someday coordinate their
policy development efforts, or at least routinely keep each other informed
and with the ability to comment, because many policy efforts really ought to
cut across multiple of these organizations but this silo'd ICANN system
doesn't easily allow for cross-efforts.

Thanks,

Mike

  _____