Re: [council] Revised Community Travel Support Procedure for FY09

Hi,

In my suggestion, the first name a constituency nominates goes through automatically. I.e. if the constituency picks one that person in on the list. of course a constituency could decide to pass.

so in essence the council is _not_

involved with regard to whom a
constituency wants to select for travel support?

in the first instance. All we do is take the first name on lists and put it on the council's list of people to get support.

the suggestion for the way to handle the other 4 is for the constituencies to 'nominate' people if desired (postions 2 and 3 on their list) and then the council picks the remaining from those so nominated by the constituencies.

In the best cse, it will work out and only 10 names will be offered. If > 10 are nominate then we figure out how to distribute the other after giving each constituency that wants, it first choice for support.

(actually, my personal opinion, in the best of all possible worlds we would have all members of the council supported at a proper level - same as the board - but that is a longer term issue and I think we need to be ready to use the support we have for Cairo while figuring out how to appeal the procedure - if that is what the council decides to do)

a.