RE: [council] Proposed Motion for 25 June on GNSO "Improvments"
- To: "Avri Doria" <avri@xxxxxxx>, "Council GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [council] Proposed Motion for 25 June on GNSO "Improvments"
- From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 01:41:29 -0400
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AcjT5Z+QWvRCxp06T1+OCuvPnOeKxgARP9XE
- Thread-topic: [council] Proposed Motion for 25 June on GNSO "Improvments"
It looks good to me except it might be helpful to request that constituencies
identify one member each foe each of the two steering committees by the Council
meeting on 25 June if possible.
Sent from my GoodLink Wireless Handheld (www.good.com)
From: Avri Doria [mailto:avri@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, June 21, 2008 05:27 PM Eastern Standard Time
To: Council GNSO
Subject: [council] Proposed Motion for 25 June on GNSO "Improvments"
Based on my understanding of the results of today's meeting, I have
drafted the following motion.
Motion: Avri Doria
Whereas it is expected that ICANN Board of Directors will adopt
recommendations for GNSO "Improvements" and in response to Board
resolution 2008.02.15.03 that directed the ICANN Staff in consultation
with GNSO to develop an implementation plan
And whereas such a plan was developed by the Planning Team composed of
staff and GNSO members working jointly and in cooperation,
The GSNO Council approves the Framework defined in GNSO Improvements -
Top Level Plan of 21 June 2008 prepared by the GNSO Improvements
Planning Team as documented in (url) and request that constituencies
and nomcom appointees begin the task of naming representatives to
serve in the two Standing Committees as defined in the Top Level Plan.