[council] Logistic Information for New Dehli meeting

  • To: "'Council GNSO'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Logistic Information for New Dehli meeting
  • From: "GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 09:52:08 +0100
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear All,

The ICANN meetings will take place at:
The Taj Palace Hotel
http://delhi.icann.org/venue
Sardar Patel Marg,
Diplomatic Enclave
New Delhi 110 021
tel +91 11 2611 0202
f +91 11 2611 0808, 5055
http://www.tajhotels.com/Luxury/Taj%20%20Palace%20Hotel,NEW%20DELHI/default.htm

The Council members included in the GNSO Council block booking will be staying at the:

ITC Hotel Maurya
Sardar Patel Marg, Diplomatic Enclave
New Delhi
tel +91 11 26 11 2233
f +91 11 23023020
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=423

At the Hotel Maurya we have asked that all travellers be able to get into their rooms when their arrive. In some cases, this means we have made the reservation starting the day before your flight actually arrives. Internet connectivity is not included in the price of your room but breakfast is.

TRANSPORTATION FROM AIRPORT TO HOTEL:   A HELP DESK will be located
at the airport just after the green channel (Customs) from 18:00
on February 7th to 14:00 on February 11th to provide participants
with assistance and complimentary shuttle service to their hotel.

CONNECTIVITY:  The network for the meeting should be brought up at
some point on Friday 8 February.

TELEPHONES:  The international roaming rates in India are $2.99 per
minute.  Text messaging costs $.50 and at times will work better than
calling.

LUNCHES: Starting on Sunday 10 February, lunch will be provided to all participants through to Friday 14 February. The lunch service is from noon to 2pm each day. You will need your badge to be served.

MONEY: At the airport, in the arrivals area, there is a currency exchange which is open in the middle of the night. The hotel will change currency.

SHUTTLES: Please check the shuttle service schedule from your hotel to the Taj Palace where the meetings will be held.

MEDICAL:  A doctor and nurse will be onsite daily once the meeting
starts to assist any meeting participants with any illness that arises.

WEATHER:  Take a quick look at:
http://weather.nic.in/forecast.htm
and
http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/INXX0096.html

ELECTRICITY: India Plug Adapters and Outlet Shapes see:
http://treehouse.ofb.net/go/en/voltage/India

NEW DELHI TIME: UTC/GMT Offset Standard time zone: UTC/GMT +5:30 hours
No daylight saving time in 2008

Safe travels and let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you.
Kind regards,

Glen
--