[council] Item under 'ND meeting schedule' discussion for council meeting.

  • To: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Item under 'ND meeting schedule' discussion for council meeting.
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 08:27:21 -0800
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I have currently tentatively schedule:

------

Saturday

9-1030    DNT
11- 1230  IRT
lunch
1400 - 1530  GNSO Improvements
1600 - 1700  Staff update on new gTLD implementation plans
1700 - 1800  AOB

Sunday

9 - 1230   IDN responses
lunch
1400-1530  Prep for meeting with ccNSO council
1600-1730  Prep for Open Council meeting

-----

But we could reverse the Saturday and the Sunday morning schedules so that we do IDN repsonse on Saturday and DNT and IRT on Sunday.

The advantage of shifting the schedule is that it allows any council member who is arriving too late on Saturday for the DNT and IRT meetings to attend those meeting, though they will miss the IDN discussion. It also allows us to have the IDN discussion on answers to the GAC/ccNSO question one day, let it settle in our minds and then discuss our approach to the joint meeting, the following day.

The disadvantage is that it excludes not only the ALAC Liaison from the DNT discussion, but it also exclude ALACs members from attending an open meting on the subject they brought to the table.

Any thoughts?

I would like to close this subject during the meeting tomorrow.

thanks

a.