Re: AW: [council] Enfranchising absent voters

  • To: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: AW: [council] Enfranchising absent voters
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 21:56:38 +0100
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi,

I an not sure what you mean. Vote to initiate any vote? If so how does that help the people who are absent?

Or vote to initiate a delayed vote?

In either case, wouldn't this then be a specific act of disenfranchisement? I.e. we decide to vote despite the fact that people are not present as opposed to merely being enabled to vote because of quorum and put into extended period voting because the absent council member(s) could change the result in a significant way.

I think that is one of the virtues of an automatic process in that there is no decision for us to make that could be construed as prejudicial.

a.