RE: [council] Enfranchising absent voters

I argued against this new change in the group as it gets too complex.
It would mean a council member chooses to vote then or later.
But would only vote later if the trigger for an e-vote that the outcome may be
affected
applies.
But that choice itself (to vote later or not) itself may affect the trigger.
This means the vote is open to gaming and the choice is thus unethical.

Moreover, presenting such a complex proposal to the Board would likely kill it.

Philip

PS Our current practise is to delay a vote until we are all ready, so the
benefit of the
addition seems to be small in comparison to the cost in complexity / ethics.